Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Great Granddaughter's Thoughts

In 1912, Abdu'l-Baha spent some time in Denver. He stayed in the home of a local Baha'i. Now I have received an email from the great granddaughter of Abdu'l-Baha's hostess, while he was in Denver.

Here is the statement that I found in my email:

"My most prized possession is an autographed photo of Abdu'l-Baha which was given me by my Grandmother, who received it from my Great Grandmother. I cannot give it up."

In that same email, the great granddaughter relates the story of a time when she wanted to display a picture of Abdu'l-Baha, but she did not have a picture to display. She drew her own picture, using the image that she had developed after hearing stories from her relatives. Friends told her that it was an excellent likeness.

No comments: