Sunday, January 11, 2009

An Awareness of Thoughts

Today, January 11, 2009, is National Human Trafficking Awarness Day. Those who prey upon the weak can cause great suffering. Abdu'l-Baha wrote a prayer that speaks about such suffering. Here is that prayer:

"Love One another. Look at me. I am feeble, yet I have had the strength given me to come amongst you; a poor servant of God, who has been enabled to give you this message! I shall not be with you long! One must never consider one's own feebleness; (it is the strienth of the Holy Spirit of Love, which gives the power to teach). The thought of our own weakness could only bring despair. We must look higher than all earthly thoughts; detach ourselves from every materail idea, crave for the things of the spirit, fix our eye on the everlasting bountiful Mercy of the Almighty, who will fill our souls with the gradness of joyful service to His command."

No comments: