Friday, November 6, 2009

Thoughts on a Truthful Label

When I wrote the short story that was later included in an anthology, I assumed that the company making Life Saver Candies adhered to a truth in labeling policy. I never imagined the possibility that a candy could have harmful ingredients (other than decay causing sugar). Today, however, I have read about one candy that did have such ingredients.

Today the makers of Jelly Belly candies had to recall the containers with the phrase "49 flavors" on the label. The company had failed to put on the label all of the ingredients. The ingredient list lacked mention of the peanut butter and peanut flour that were used in making the Jelley Belly candies.

When I read about that, I immediatey tried to envision what Abdu'l-Baha might have said or thought, if told that he should return his roll of candy and get his money back.

No comments: