Monday, November 16, 2009

Discovering Thoughts

Yesterday I discovered a thick book that contains the thoughts of one of the Persians that traveled with Abdu'l-Baha. I leafed through the book, knowing that I can return to the same group of bookshelves next Sunday.

Later I took part in a discussion about Abdu'l-Baha and his father. During our discussion, the members of a our group read some thoughts on traveling, thoughts written by Adu'l-Baha. Here is what he had to say:


"O that I could travel, even though on foot and in the utmost poverty, to these regions, and raising the call of 'Ya Baha'u'l-Abha' in cities, villages, mountains, deserts and oceans, promote the divine teachings! This alas I can not do. How intensely I implore it! Please God, you may achieve it."


The above quote was taken from The Divine Plan by Abdu'l-Baha.

No comments: