Monday, September 7, 2009

Thoughts on Coming Celebration

A couple days ago, I wrote that I would be attending an anniversary celebration on Sept. 9, 2009. I also wrote that the first Los Angeles Assembly had been formed on Sept. 9, 1909. I must correct my mistake.

On that date, there was a Baha'i activity taking place in Los Angeles. Baha'is in Los Angeles began hosting activities in their homes during the year of 1909. In 1910 the Baha'is in Los Angeles formed their first Local Spiritual Assembly, the administrative body for the local Baha'i community.

Today I got a picture taken in 1916. It showed about 25 Baha'is outside, at some sort of picnic. The women wore long dresses and hats.

While the attire of Baha'is have changed during the past century, their beliefs and ideals have not.

No comments: