Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thougts Posted Elsewhere

During November I became a vip writer on Factoidz.com. Today, I wrote an answer to the following question: Can being religious extend your life? Because I was limited to a 300 word answer, I could not include in my factoid a relevant quote, a quote made by Abdu'l-Baha.

Here is that quote:

"My only joy in this swiftly passing world was to tread the stony path o God and to endure hard tests and all material grief. For otherwise, this earthly life would prove barren and vain, and better would be death. The tree of being would produce no fruit; the sown field of existene would yield no harvest. Thus it is my hope that once again some circumstance will make my cup of anguish to brim over,and that beautous love, that slayer of souls will dazzle the beholders once again. Then will this heart be blissful and this soul be blessed."

The above quote is taken from "Selections of the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha.

No comments: